Hello Mr. Trump & Supporters,
I’m a fellow-American who has soured on politics and politicians. It’s your fault. You promise too much and deliver too little. You make it sound like my future is in your hands…that you can actually make my life better…that I need to trust you. Sorry! That position in my life belongs to Someone Else. Presidents, their promises, and their fans come and go. My hope is in a much more Sure Foundation. My life actually flourishes with or without you.[featured-image single_newwindow=”false”]
So, here’s my message to all of you…
- Seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness… (Matthew 6.33)
- Jesus says, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live.” (John 11.25)
- God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble…humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up. (James 4.6, 10)
- The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. (John 10.10)
- Set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. (Colossians 3.1-2)
- Fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ (1 Peter 1.13)
- Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves (Philippians 2.3)
- Some boast/trust in chariots and some in horses, but we boast/trust in the name of the LORD our God. (Psalm 20.7)
- Do you see a person wise in their own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for them (Proverbs 26.12)
- To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech. (Proverbs 8.13)
- The LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love. (Psalm 147.11)
I see you want to make America great again. I’m not sure what you mean by that. “Great” can be pretty ambiguous.
I’d just remind you what One who actually knows how to be great says:
You know the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. It shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be your slave, even as the Son of Man came not to serve, but to give his life as a ransom for many. (Matthew 20.25-28)
You’re not to lord it over us, coerce us by your authority, or push your personal agenda on us. You are to serve as you lead. I hope that’s what you mean by making America great again.
Good luck to you all.