Hello Mr. Cruz and Your Supporters,
I see that you want us to trust you. Trust is such a strong word. Trust is an “assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something” according to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary. Words matter. You’re only human and a politician. But that simple combination of distinctions makes me hesitant to place my trust in you. I know trust doesn’t have to be 100% to be considered trust. (Some philosophers say that if your trust is at least 51% then you can consider it to actually be trust.) Yet, so much goes into trusting a person. For me, you’re not there. I’m not sure any politician is there. I trust some people I know. But most of all I do my best to trust the only One who is fully Trustworthy.[featured-image single_newwindow=”false”]
Too many Americans put too much trust in politicians.
So, here’s my message to all of you…
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths. (Proverbs 3.5-6)
- Seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness… (Matthew 6.33)
- Jesus says, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live.” (John 11.25)
- Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. (Psalm 20.7)
- God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble…humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up. (James 4.6, 10)
- Set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. (Colossians 3.1-2)
- Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves. (Philippians 2.3)
- Do you see a person wise in their own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for them. (Proverbs 26.12)
- Many seek the face of a ruler, but it is from the LORD that a man gets justice. (Proverbs 29.26)
- The LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love. (Psalm 147.11)
- Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is the LORD. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit. (Jeremiah 17.7-8)
Good luck to you all.